The purpose of this dress code is to enhance school safety, improve the learning environment, and promote good behavior. Children’s attitudes toward schoolwork and behavior are related to the clothing that they wear. This dress code does not regulate the exercise of an individual’s sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Tennis shoes or sturdy, form-fitting shoes are recommended for the school day.
- Appropriate shoes for SAFE play. No backless, high-heeled or open toed shoes are permitted. No shoes with wheels or shoes without heel/ankle support or back straps are permitted.
Pants, shorts, skirts
- Pants and shorts need to fit snuggly at the waist.
- Overly tight fitting or overly loose/sagging pants with loose waistband will not be allowed.
- Short shorts and short skirts are not permitted for school. Mid-thigh, meaning just above the knee or longer, and no shorter than 2” above the knee is permitted.
- Shirts with inappropriate slogans are not to be worn at school (i.e., references to drugs, alcohol, offensive language, sexual references).
- Tops and bottoms must overlap at all times, including when arms are raised.
- Hats, caps, hoods, bandanas and other headwear may not be worn inside the school.
- Clothing should be weather appropriate.
- The following items are inappropriate for school and therefore not permitted:
- Any article of clothing or accessory that promotes drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, violence or is offensive or degrading